Saturday, June 30, 2018

Chaos : Abyssal Chroneas finished !

Today I finished the Abyssal Chroneas from Mantic. It has been on the paint table for several weeks now and I found it was the time to finish it. I really like this model. It looks amazing ! But it's height ( +/- 11 cm ) is the party-killer. I would like to see this guy in the 17,5 - 21 cm range. Then this guy would be the ultimate opponent for all Chaos themed miniatures. ( & with the same price as his little brother : : : :  unstoppable ! )
This fire colossus almost painted itself ( even with my issues lately to get anything painted ).
I started with the airbrush , then lots of drybrushing & washes / glazes.
And this is the result ! Another eye-catcher for my Chaos army.  
Painted in 2018 : 95

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful and hot, so hot looking figure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Phil !
      I thought it was appropriate with the temperatures outside ...
      Greetings

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Mario! I'm wondering if adding some deep blacks would make it look 'hotter' ... I honestly have no idea ... just running the infinite 'what-ifs' playing in my mind all the time LOL. It already looks fantastic though. Again super work Mario!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terrific work on painting the fire and hot parts of this miniature Mario.
    Like you said, it's a real eye-catcher.

    ReplyDelete