Sunday, November 28, 2021

15mm : American Civil War : Union : Wagon & first troops finished of the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery Infantry regiment !

And back to some 15mm action. I finished a wagon for my Union ACW army & I started on another regiment for the Union army.
The wagon. I really enjoyed painting this one. I'm not a fan of the split bases , but I understand the motivation behind it. A great set , if you like ACW of course.
And the start of the 1st Maine Heavy Artillery Infantry regiment.

So far only the command base , but the rest will eventually follow...

Painted in 2021 : 231

For the fans of 15mm , Warlord games is releasing another great number of boxed sets. The Waterloo campaign with British & French troops. Not in the same box ( Witch I find a missed opportunity ) but in separate army boxes. Due to my massive pile of shame (7694 unpainted mini's) , I restricted myself to only order the smallest boxes (witch hold 3 sprues ) of the British Infantry , Light & Heavy Cavalry and the French Infantry. (And I already regret not buying the Light & Heavy Cavalry of the French troops. Another time...perhaps.) Here are some pictures of these small boxes : 

11 comments:

  1. Very good painting Mario!
    What do you use for the trousers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much L'Empereur !
      I use contrast paints over a base of White , washed with nuln oil wash , drybrushed with Longbeard grey. The trousers are then 2 layers of Aethermatic blue.
      Greetings

      Delete
    2. Thanks Mario!
      We need to buy this Aethermatic blue!

      Delete
    3. You're welcome L'Empereur !
      Greetings

      Delete
  2. Excellent work Mario, very impressive mass effect and beautiful figures/wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The infantry, wagon and horses look superb, Mario. Your brushwork makes it hard to believe they are actually smaller than 28mm figs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a look at your wonderfull painted collection of ACW figures. I like them all and the painting is top quality!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's an awesome painting is such a small scale!! Wow!

    ReplyDelete