Thursday, September 19, 2019

Aeronautica Imperialis : First Thunderbolt Fighter finished ! ( sensored ! )

I finished the first model of the Thunderbolt Fighters box. (1 of 4 complete with base)

I've censored the pictures as I've got some heavy reactions on them. Not on my blog , but on Facebook. I posted a WIP picture of Paint Table Saturday 306th edition on the Aeronautica Imperialis 2019 group on Facebook. Without any explanation nor contact , I got banned of the group. (And in anger I removed myself out of all painting/miniatures groups I've been a member of on Facebook.) So to avoid problems on my blog I've censored the pictures. 

I don't see the problem as this is a page in our history. We can all avoid it or ignore it , it still is a part of our history. Also I'm not the only miniature painter that chose this topic. I've seen it at KMK Scale World. Lots of German (Nazi) vehicles ( tanks , airplanes , etc... ) with the symbol we all know : the Swastika. This symbol is over 3000 (others speak of 12000) years old ( long before the Germans ). It is currently used in architecture & religion in the regions of India and it will be used long after we are gone ... 
The German colors of WW 1 &2 are even used in the same Facebook group that banned me (but without the symbols)! You've got to love those double standards !
Like this color-scheme & also camouflaged colored airplanes were used by the Germans.
But I'm glad I'm out of those stupid painting groups. Those groups made me aware of the world we live in and how the general public is. And let me put it very very mildly , it ain't positive. But I'm not going further into that. For me the world may end tomorrow ! 
Back to the project. This will become a group of 4 historical inspired Thunderbolt Fighters in the black , red and white color-scheme.

Painted in 2019 : 226

4 comments:

  1. Looks great Mario...even sensored!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In this age of social media it's easy for people to get angry and not really engage in a proper discussion. I myself get depressed when looking at so many hateful comments about just everything on social media nowadays. Stay strong and don't shut yourself off because of hateful things said to you on social media.

    As an analogy to the Nazi symbol ... personally for me Japan's WW2 Rising Sun symbol invokes horror due to the genocide atrocities carried out against the Chinese during the war. However, I'm still fine with the symbol if it's used on historical scale model kits for accuracy sake. But that's me. Some refuse to see that symbol at all. To each his own I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kuan for your words of wisdom. It is people like you that still give me hope that there still can be dialogue between people without judgement.
      It is depressing to see how people treat each other on social media. That's the main reason I abandoned Facebook groups. The other reason is that 90% of the painted miniatures on those Facebook groups are fake. ( digitally enhanced / photo-shopped , or work of a real artist ) I enjoyed the crappy looking paint-jobs more because they were honest. Giving them advise how to improve , just like I had to over the years.
      And even I still need some advise , as there is still much to learn for me. But I will not get it through those Facebook groups as my experiences lately were that they were just lying about everything (colors they used , techniques they used , etc...).
      But that's the internet , I guess. 90% lies & 10% truth. It's the art of finding some of that 10%...
      And on the subject of symbols of the past , present or future... It's just a symbol ! It's the people who made them to what they mean today. You can be like them and spread the hate (witch will lead to more of the same) or just let it be , remember it and try to do better than them...
      Greetings

      Delete