Sunday, March 11, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 227th edition !

Paint Table Saturday 227th edition !
 Welcome to paint table 227 !

I finished the Wildwood rangers this week for the Wood Elves army. 

And now I started on 15 High Elves White Lions. They're the metal version that I bought at Crisis 2017. So far I did the base color + wash for the skin.

I also started on a Daughters of Khaine model : the Sorceress. There will be more of these models to see in the future as I started yet another new army with these models. ( Highly addicted to buying I'm afraid...)

I also started on Typhus for the Death Guards army. This model is the main reason I started this army. I love it , I'm still not sure if I use the smoke with flies. But I can always add them later !
 And here the reason of not posting on Saturday : Mom miniatures Dwarf zeppelin !

Where to start ... I was so excited to order it last year. It was a preorder in March 2017 and it took a serious amount (170 euro) and a  long while to get here at the end of 2017. As always ( with my new stuff ) it gets unpacked , looked , stacked and sometimes forgotten...

And yesterday I felt the need to start this project...
Biggest mistake of my life ! ! ! ( Never have I regretted spending so much money on a model than this one - I'm no longer a fan of Mom miniatures ! )
A full day of trying to glue this thing together with rubber bands ( to keep all in place ) , with fail after fail , etc ... This thing does not fit together what so ever , with gaps as big as a cm , but that didn't stop me. So I started on the hull , glued it together ( all was well ). Then I glued all the supports for the balloon , then glued the balloon. And when I tried and fit it all together , the balloon was to big to fit between the supports for it. I have tried all resources available in my arsenal , but nothing made this thing fit or glue together and stick.
So after 8 hours or so , I went berserk ( Yes like a Dwarf ) and threw the whole damn thing nearly through the window. Got my sanity a little back before I really threw it with great force in the garbage bin and then I really lost it and almost destroyed the model.
 So after I cooled down , I decided not to throw 170 euro's in the bin and got it back out and repaired the whole thing. And luckily all that is still visible from my carnage is one broken shield. That I might repair or leave as is as a reminder of my rage...

Now I've come up with a new plan. And I'll be going shopping in a local hardware store and get me the necessary tools to finish this infernal thing ! 
And hopefully soon it will look like the only model ever built  ( by mom miniatures itself ) minus one broken shield, as far as I know as I can't find anyone else who has.

So that's it for this week.
See you all next week ! For hopefully a more relaxed Paint Table Saturday ! 

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about this Berserk crisis, hope the final result will be as good as usual with you Mario!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too Phil ! If I can find the correct glue and some clamps to hold it all together , then painting will be a breeze...
      Greetings

      Delete
  2. For that amount of money I would have been more than angry. Sorry to hear of your troubles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the sympathie my friend , but I'm cooled of now and slightly optimistic that I can do it when I find the right tools for the job !
      Greetings

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...