Sunday, January 21, 2018

Paint Table Saturday 220th edition !

Paint Table Saturday 220th edition !
 Welcome to paint table 220 !

I'm currently working on some Nurglings. Base color & washes are done on the skins. Now I've started on the details. Lots of work still to do on these little buggers !
And now some other matters. I've noticed I'm getting more and more frustrated with people in the miniature community. I'm sick and tired of people who lie and bend the truth. It goes from " I finished it in an afternoon " or " I used this and that color " and you know of experience that it aint so.
And how many use photo-shop programs to enhance their pictures ( A lot ! )
And the worst kind of all : reviewers that aren't honest ! Glorifying the manufacturer when they don't deserve that good a review. And this all for some free miniatures and to get a bigger audience so companies give them more miniatures to review. 

I do reviews too and I've never said anything that I don't back up a full 100 %¨or deleted a comment of a fellow blogger just because it wasn't positive enough ! Everybody has the right to express their thoughts ! 

So fellow painters & miniature enthusiasts , don't believe everything they tell you. 
If the pictures look to good to be true. They're either painted by a pro or photo-shopped !
And never delete a comment of a fellow blogger ! All have the right to comment even if it's not what you or the manufacturer that provided your miniatures want to hear !

So now that that is off my chest , I wish you all a great weekend / lots of painting and see you all next week for another paint table on Saturday !

6 comments:

  1. Nurglins will be great!
    And thanks for these sincere words. I agree and I wonder where it happened to you and where you noticed this problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michał !
      The people who I'm speaking of will know I'm talking about them when they read my post. I have no need to be specific. They'll know and hopefully change their ways...and if not , they'll have to go on without me.
      Greetings

      Delete
  2. Yes, there's quite a few things that bother me about the hobby at the moment. In truth I've stopped looking on certain places on the Internet, as it only annoys me or makes me feel depressed about how things and people have become.

    I like how the colours you've chosen for the Nurglings. They look really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Roy ! I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels this way.
      Thank you for your support & comment my friend !
      Greetings

      Delete
  3. I like the Nurglings. There's a lot of noise on the internet, I try to tune it out. I develop my pictures in Lightroom quite a bit to make up for poor lighting, but I never photoshop my paint jobs. I just use photoshop to make silly pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Sean for your comment & honesty !
      Greetings

      Delete